Are you there Cake Vodka? It’s me, Sober.
What to do with everyone’s favorite Terrible Vodka.
November 30, 2013 | Cake | December 2013
Paris Hilton’s Birthday Party
by Gabby Costa
My signature drink, named by a clever friend of mine, is one that is often met with serious judgmental looks. But if there’s one thing I love, it’s proving judgmental people wrong — and this drink does just that. It’s the Ke$ha of drinks. The words “birthday cake” and “vodka” usually elicit an immediate, almost reflexive, grimace of disgust. But, in my experience, an actual tasting unconditionally results in surprised agreement that it is, in fact, a delicious party refreshment. In particular, if you’re the kind of person who prefers to not have to taste your alcohol, read on:
All you need is love, a.k.a.:
- Birthday Cake Vodka (imho the best tasting brand is Smirnoff )
- Diet Coke (not “coke,” unless you really wanna do it the Paris Hilton way)
Measure out the vodka in a shot glass if you’re some sort of perfectionist, but if at a party, I’ve found success in just eyeballing it in the cup and taste-testing until I find the right proportions. Brownie points if you actually order this at the bar while attending Paris Hilton’s actual birthday party! And make sure to snap a pic of you with Paris on a flip camera phone. It’s the autograph of the 21st Century.
The Pineapple Upside-Down Caketail
by Kylie Sparks
- Pinnacle Cake Vodka (this is my favorite brand of Cake Vodka. Smirnoff I find is a liiiiittle too sweet in their cake/whipped vodkas, but if that’s your thing, go for it)
- Pineapple Juice (I prefer the Trader Joe’s Pineapple Juice cans but if you don’t have that, the regular bottle kind will work)
- Grand Marnier (or Cointreau, but I prefer GM)
- Club Soda
Images by Molly Mask.
Gabrielle attends the University of Chicago, where she studies Character Development (for real). She hates the phrase “guilty pleasure,” but loves “chick flick.” Her dream is to tell stories about the people she isn’t and to never grow out of her 90s teen angst phase (which she entered relatively late, at the age of 18). She can be found tweeting on one of six Twitter accounts at any given time.